Since COVID struck, if you’re applying for a job in Manchester, you may find yourself up against huge numbers of rival candidates. A session or two of interview training can give you the edge you need to see off the competition.
The coronavirus has had a dramatic impact on the UK economy and jobs market but it’s not all gloom and doom by any means. Some industries are thriving through the pandemic and other successes will emerge as life settles into new patterns. Manchester is a strong, vibrant city with an international reputation as a great place to live, work and invest. Its local economy is growing faster than the UK’s. In the midst of turmoil, there are certainly reasons for optimism – but also for seizing opportunities and tooling yourself up with the skills and confidence to succeed.
If you’ve got a job interview in Manchester, let’s make sure you’re ready to shine!
Putting yourself across effectively at an interview requires essentially the same set of practical skills and psychological strategies as making a successful presentation. It’s about being really well prepared (in the right way), feeling secure about your delivery and connecting with the people you’re talking to.
My name is Georgie and I’ve been providing interview training in Manchester – and many other places, but mainly Manchester, as that’s where I live – since the last millennium. (You can read more about me here.)
When I was applying for jobs in the 1990s, I took a negative approach, protecting myself from disappointment by assuming from the outset that rejection was inevitable. Oddly enough, that proved self-fulfilling! After a lot of heartache and soul-searching, I gradually began to understand how I’d been sabotaging my own success. Through trial and error, study and research, I developed methods that allow us all to do ourselves justice at interviews. Once I was sure I had the formula right, I made it my business (literally) to share with clients the practical and psychological techniques that will support them in job interviews and allow them to let their best selves shine.
It’s not about putting on an act. There’s nothing phony about highlighting your relevant skills, experience and attributes. Yes, be yourself, but the most suitable version of yourself for the situation.
Whether you’re preparing for an in-person or an online job interview, I can help you hone your answers to probable questions, communicate with the right level of confidence and convey authority along with authenticity.
Before the coronavirus, I used to work with my clients in hired meeting rooms or at their homes, if their workplaces were not suitable for this type of coaching. The COVID-19 safety guidelines for Manchester seem to change quite often but, when it’s legal and safe to do so, we can meet anywhere in Manchester that works for you. The only non-health-related consideration is that you can speak out without being overheard.
Alternatively, we can meet via Zoom. If you’re looking for coaching in how to put yourself across effectively at an online interview, it makes sense for us to work together in cyberspace. If you’re preparing for an in-person interview, working on this over the internet is about 90% as good as meeting face to face.
Coaching in person – £225 for a 90-minute session, plus any room-hire
Coaching via Zoom – £195 for a session up to two hours
As mentioned above, virtual coaching for in-person interviews is about 90% as good as meeting face to face. The other 10% is mainly about time: I find things often take a bit longer via Zoom. For this reason, I’m happy to offer you some extra time, to make sure you get the full benefit.
Most of my clients find one session is enough to give them what they need. If you want more, of course we can arrange that, but let’s start with one and see how you get on.
It’s very easy! We just need to find a time and a place to meet. In fact, if we’re working via Zoom, we don’t even need a place.
Contact me and we’ll make a plan to suit you.