If you’re looking for public-speaking training in Manchester, you’ll find a good choice of providers, from large training companies to individual coaches, offering a variety of classes and courses. As in every sphere, the UK’s second city has a lot to offer. Whatever your issues with public speaking and whatever your learning style, there will be a coach/trainer in Manchester who can give you exactly what you need. I might be that person.
My name is Georgie and I’m a public-speaking coach based in Manchester. I specialise in one-to-one training for leaders and executives. (You can read more about me here.)
Whether you’ve always been good at presenting but have suddenly lost your nerve, or whether you’ve spent your career avoiding public speaking but can see no way around the upcoming speech or presentation, we can solve this problem for you in a couple of hours. If you’ve never had any public-speaking training, you may be astonished at the difference it makes.
Once you know that you know exactly what you’re doing, once you know why this works and that doesn’t, you’ll have a solid foundation. Without that, it’s natural to feel anxious about public speaking.
Despite the mystique, public speaking is not a talent some lucky people have and others haven’t – and neither is it something you can lose. It’s a skillset anyone can acquire and which, once you’ve got it, will serve you in all sorts of situations, for the rest of your life.
Over the years, I’ve worked with many clients in senior and responsible positions who had been struck down by imposter syndrome or who felt they weren’t making the impact they’d like to be. After a session or two of one-to-one coaching, they were presenting confidently to colleagues, pitching effectively to potential clients and making inspiring speeches at company meetings. All this translates into more success for the organisation as well as for the individual. (You can read some testimonials here.)
One-to-one coaching is tailored to you, confidential and efficient. It’s the most direct route to becoming the public speaker you’ve always wanted to be.
Until 2020, on any given day in Manchester you could be sure there were hundreds of presentations, speeches, briefings, lectures and talks being delivered. The coronavirus changed that, though it’s already coming back. The city may change shape but, through grit and enterprise, it will continue to thrive.
As with the rest of the UK, we don’t know what the future holds or how workplaces will adapt, but we do know that people will always gather together, when it’s safe to do so, because we communicate more effectively and more easily when we’re in the same room.
But it’s also true that virtual meetings and webinars were becoming more and more widespread even before COVID-19 threw working practices up in the air.
If you want to learn how to put yourself across online, I can help you with that too.
Another of the joys of one-to-one training is that it’s flexible. Government guidelines are subject to change but as long as it’s safe and legal for us to meet in person, we can do the coaching at a clean, safe venue convenient for you. There’s no need for us to be closer than 2 meters – I’m acting as your audience and giving you feedback from that vantage point.
Alternatively, we can meet via Zoom. If you’re looking for coaching in how to present effectively online, it makes sense for us to work together in cyberspace. If we’re working on successful presenting for in-person events, doing this over the internet is about 90% as good as meeting face to face.
Coaching in person – £225 for a 90-minute session, plus any room-hire
Coaching via Zoom – £195 for a session up to two hours
As mentioned above, virtual coaching for in-person public speaking is about 90% as good as meeting face to face. The other 10% is mainly about time: I find things often take a bit longer via Zoom. For this reason, I’m happy to offer you some extra time, to make sure you get the full benefit.
In person, there’s a good chance one session will be enough to set you on the path to success. Via Zoom, there’s also a great deal we can do in an hour and a half, but allow up to two hours, in case we need a bit more time. If you want more sessions later, of course you’re welcome to have them, but let’s start with one and see how you get on.
It’s very easy! We just need to find a time and a place to meet. In fact, if we’re working via Zoom, we don’t even need a place.
Contact me, let me know what you need and we’ll make a plan to suit you.